Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Turf Club: A Review

I just returned from a wonderful trip to Walt Disney World, and I have so much to share!  On every trip I try to experience something new, and this particular trip held many new things.  Most notably, we spent the 4th of July in the Magic Kingdom... but that is a post for a different day, once all of my photos have been properly processed!

In the meantime, I wanted to share about a wonderful restaurant that often goes overlooked: The Turf Club Bar and Grill at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.  Although we have stayed at Saratoga Springs several times, we never had occasion to eat here.  This year, although we stayed elsewhere, we thought we'd swing by and give it a try.


Located just off the pool area, the Turf Club is themed to horse-racing, as is the entire resort.  
        





The waiting area has a pool table and TV; we arrived early, before the restaurant opened (5:00 p.m.), and we enjoyed a couple of rounds of pool.  In case you're wondering, neither of us are very good at pool, but we had fun anyway!

We chose to eat outside under the covered porch, which hosts a beautiful view.


The theming inside was perfection as well, with dark wood paneling and soft lighting.  But here's what I'm sure you're all interested in -- the food!  I was NOT disappointed!  The menu has something for every taste, and it also has great options for kids.  

I had the Grilled Salmon with Grain Mustard-Maple Glaze, served over a corn-asparagus salad.


WOW!  It was absolutely fabulous.  The salmon was spiced beautifully, and the corn-asparagus blend was interesting and flavorful.  FYI, the chef prepares the salmon medium unless you request otherwise.

My husband tried the Prime Rib with Mashed Potatoes, Broccolini, and Cherry-Peppercorn Sauce.

In the interest of research (not because it looked yummy or anything!), I tried some.  It was delicious!

The dessert selections were varied, and all sounded wonderful, but both of us ended up ordering the Chocolate Espresso Torte with Raspberry Sauce and a side of vanilla ice cream.


Oh, my goodness! This is possibly the best dessert I have ever eaten.  Rich, but not too heavy, it was the perfect ending to a great meal!

If you have the opportunity, I recommend giving the Turf Club a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment