Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Disneyland Bound!

I am going to interrupt my New Fantasyland series (Part 2 coming soon!), because I am about to embark on my first ever trip to Disneyland!  And no, it isn't the same as Walt Disney World!  For those of you not familiar with the difference, Walt Disney World is in Orlando, Florida, and it was the second Disney Park to be built, opening in 1971.

Disneyland, on the other hand, opened in 1955 in Anaheim, California.  The Disneyland Resort is much smaller, and it recently expanded to include 2 parks: Disneyland and California Adventure Park.  There is a Downtown Disney District here, too.

There are many reasons why going to the smaller Disney Park is every bit as exciting to me as heading down to Disney World.

First of all, it's the original!  This is where Walt walked.  He personally oversaw many aspects of the park as it was built, and he took such pride in it.  Not only is the park original, but many of its attractions are as well.

Disneyland boasts the "real" it's a small world (yes, it is correct not to capitalize that title).  It also has the first Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean! And let's not forget Space Mountain - which seats 2 per row! Of course, there are others as well, but I am super excited about these four in particular.

Second, there are some rides there that are now extinct at Disney World - notably Snow White's Scary Adventures and --- wait for it --- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!  I haven't been on Mr. Toad since I was a kid!  I am thrilled that I will get to experience it again.

Yet another reason is that there are several attractions that just aren't anywhere in Walt Disney World.  The Matterhorn, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, Indiana Jones... and those are just some of the names from Disneyland.  California Adventure has yet others!

Speaking of California Adventure, I have just 2 words: Cars Land.  I am so excited to see Radiator Springs and to ride the Racers!  Of course there are lots of attractions I am looking forward to, but I also want to see the shows, particularly World of Color.

With 4 days, I am hoping I have enough days to see all there is to see and do at the Disneyland Resort.  Want to follow my adventures?  Be sure to follow me on Instagram or Twitter (@uponastarjenn ) or on Facebook (facebook.com/uponastarconcierge).  I will be posting lots of pictures!  I will also do a full blog report when I get back (probably interrupting my New Fantasyland series yet again!).

Disneyland or bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment