Saturday, July 20, 2013

Transportation Trading Cards

So, we all know about Pin Trading, which is a hugely popular in the Disney Parks.  But, did you know that there are Transportation Collector/Trading cards?  These are not advertised, and most people don't even know they exist.  In fact, I have to give a shout out to my friend Eric Rojas (a fellow Disney enthusiast) for reading me in on this fun collection.


There are 3 categories of cards: Monorail, Watercraft, and Bus. Each card features a picture of the type of transportation, a character, and trivia/facts about that character and type of transportation on the back.  I collected all 12 Monorail cards (one for each color) and most of the Watercraft cards on my last trip.  Alas, I have yet to get a Bus card.  These are the hardest to get, and all of the bus drivers I asked had given all of theirs out for the day.  Which brings up a good point.  You need to ask for these.  Most of the cast members working transportation have them, and while some will give them out at random, they will all pass them out to those people who ask.

Regardless, this was a really fun way to pass the time while being transported to various locations around WDW.  I have heard rumors that they may be doing away with these sometime in the near future, so if you are headed down to WDW soon, be sure to get your hands on some!

No comments:

Post a Comment