Sunday, June 2, 2013

Soarin' Into Cyberspace

So, here it is, my inaugural blog post.  After 20 or so trips to the most Magical Place on Earth, I figured it was time to share my love of the Mouse with all of Cyberspace.  This blog will be filled with Disney news, personal anecdotes, and everything I can find that will help to spread the magic.

Speaking of personal anecdotes, I was just reminded of a funny one (as my husband entered the living room in his Soarin' T-shirt). This story takes place in the queue for Soarin', and it was our friends' first time riding this amazing attraction.  In fact, it was our first day of vacation.  We were fortunate enough to hit the line when it was only 25 minutes long, thanks to the nightly performance of Illuminations:Reflections of Earth.  Our friend Jared decided he needed to use the restroom, just as we got into line, and he ducked out for a moment.  My husband, Brady, noticed that Jared was having trouble rejoining us due to the people who were coming from the fireworks.  

As Brady went to retrieve our friend, a young lad made a sudden movement, and the next thing we knew, Brady was covered in ... um, shall we say... the contents of the young lad's stomach.   Needless to say, it was gross.  And clearly, Brady could not continue to wear his favorite blue polo -- it went directly into the restroom trash receptacle.  Disney Cast Members, having been alerted to the situation, performed some Disney magic for us; in short order, Brady was wearing his complimentary blue Soarin' T-shirt, and we were ushered to the front of the queue.  Strange as it seems, this has turned out to be one of our most memorable moments!  I'm sure it helps that we have the T-shirt to remind us.  Oh, and we also have this lovely picture, which we took to commemorate our 2nd (much less eventful) ride later on in the trip.  You'll note Brady is again wearing a blue polo; don't worry, he didn't fish it out of the trash receptacle.  He just has more than one!

I hope you've enjoyed my inaugural voyage into Cyberspace as much as I've enjoyed writing it.  Please stop by and visit me often!

See you real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment